Harper Voyager is looking for new voices to add to our amazing list of science fiction, fantasy, and horror novels. Throughout the year, we’ll be holding open calls for finished manuscripts for potential inclusion on the Harper Voyager and Harper Voyager Impulse imprints.
Our current call is works in these sub-genres: high fantasy, epic fantasy, and sword-and-sorcery fantasy (note: we’re not looking for urban fantasy or contemporary fantasy at this time). Please read the rules listed below before submitting, and happy writing!
- This call for submissions is open until [1 week from date we first post].
- You must own full rights to the manuscript. In other words, this must be an original novel, or if previously published, the rights must have reverted to you).
- If the book is previously published, please note that and include ISBNs in your pitch.
- Length should be between 65,000 and 90,000 words.
- Document should be saved as an MS Word manuscript (double spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman font).
- We are only looking for the specified sub-genres at this time. Stories that don’t fit the specific categories will not be reviewed, and—should we have an open call for that category at another time, you will have to resubmit then.
- You will hear a response from us within three months of the close of the open call. Submitting the manuscript during that time will not make the process go quicker!
If your manuscript fits the criteria for this open submission, please email [email address] with your pitch and the manuscript attached.
We look forward to hearing from you!